Friday, June 28, 2013

hello from the MTC


Hello family!! I am loving the MTC so much! My companion is Elder Davis, he is from Salt Lake City! He graduated from Olympus High in class of 2012 and likes to ski! We work really well together and he is very easy to get along with! He is also going to the South Dakota, Rapid City Mission! Well I do have some big news from the companionship this week! Last night (on our second day at the MTC) the Branch President Gammett pulled me and my companion out last night and has called us to be the new Zone Leaders! I am kind of freaking out because our zone is pretty big right now and it is doubling in size next Wednesday! I do not know how the Lord has trusted me with this call so early on! I look at our Zone Leaders right now and they are so professional and experienced and they have only been here a week! It is going to take a lot of help from the Lord but I believe that it will be worth it! 
I love my class here and my district they have put me in. We are in building 12 and we have four in our apartment. There is me, Elder Davis, Elder Young (from Kaysville), and Elder Raffensparger. They are all pretty great and I seem to get along with most of them! I have seen Tanner Garrett down here on my first day but haven't seen him since! My friend Elder Garn is in the apartment next to me! And there is some other Davis High friends in my building! I am absolutely loving the spirit here, on the first day we sang called to serve in our orientation and just a small number of us sang with such a strong spirit that it filled the room! I am loving it here I love all of your letters! I love all my roommates! Elder Raffensparger kind of reminds me of a Sheldon Cooper mixed with Dwight Schrute so it keeps me entertained all day just listening to him! I love you all so much! I will write you again next Thursday! 

Elder Corey Hank Barber

No comments:

Post a Comment