Monday, August 12, 2013

A better week on the mission

        Hello family! It was a much better week on the mission! And I love the letters that I got from you all! It was incredible to see the pictures of Jodie and her new baby Jane! I hope that she is doing well, I wish that I could come and see her! But I am certain that you are all giving her great love! This week I had a great experience of going on a companionship exchange down to Grand Forks, ND. I got to be companions with Elder Salmon who went to Layton High, and I think he lived up in East Layton somewhere. We got to teach the great people of Grand Forks, and they were all really nice people. We got to go to dinner in East Grand, Minnesota with the Musgrove family! I really enjoyed my time in Grand Forks! Except when it came time for bed at night, the local speedway had their race that starts every Friday at nine. So of course I got to go to bed to the wonderful sound of NASCAR. But other than that we had a great time there. But of course we drove back to Devils Lake the next day, and it was right back to the work here! This week we were really successful with investigators at sacrament meeting. We set a district goal of 12 investigators at sacrament meeting (which is really high for our district) and we had five alone come to the Lake Region Branch! The Lord has blessed us greatly out here in Devils Lake! This week we have Donnada on date and we are helping her prepare for the 21st of September as her baptismal date! We also have Mina Johnson preparing for her baptismal date coming up on Sunday, August 25th. We have been really blessed! I am learning a lot out here! I am now practicing my teaching skills and Preach My Gospel verbage! Well there is a line here at the Library that is kicking me off so I have to cut this short! I love you all and I can't wait to hear from you next week.

Love,
Elder Barber

No comments:

Post a Comment