Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Have a Happy New Year with New Beginnings 12-30-13

Dear Family and Friends,
                                  We had a great Christmas up here in Devils Lake! It was great to see all of your faces and to talk to each one of you! It was definitely a good rejuvenation for me to talk to all of you! I miss each one of you very much. But I know that my time out in the field is being shortened. This last week I got to burn a tie the day after Christmas! I have officially been out for six months! And I think if that quarter of my mission went by that fast, I fear how fast it is going to go by once the work gets moving into the New Year! It is really weird it feels like it was an eternity ago that I was at the MTC being dropped off. And now I am six months out and it doesn't feel that long. So the mission time is slow but fast at the same time! It is crazy that at the end of tomorrow we will be beginning a new year and leaving an old year. This week was pretty slow with teaching lessons. We only taught one lesson due to the holiday and everybody being busy! We did get to teach Joyce who is a new investigator. If I remember right I have a written about her before. We had another lesson with her and showed her the restoration movie. It really helped put a lot of things in perspective for her. Our next lesson we will be bringing Sister Mitchell to fellowship her! And we are really excited about that! Me and Elder Anderson are now working on gaining the members trust in this area. We spent the rest of Christmas driving around trying to get a hold of less active members in the far away towns. This was an assignment given to us by our Branch President Christensen. It was really fun to drive around and try these people (even though we didn't get in with any of them). But I feel like we are now using the Branch better to help us with this area and our investigators. 
                                  It is exciting that 2014 will be here before the end of the week. I know that new years resolutions are something that almost everyone makes, but forgets. I think we should re-name new years resolutions as "The first two weeks of the year resolutions". But I hope that we all can make one change in our lives this new years. I hope that we can all resolve to make the Savior Jesus Christ the center of our new year. And by doing this I hope we can become more bold with those around us. To share the gospel with those who need it. To have a love for everyone around us, and help as many people as we can. I know that as each and every one of us are to center this next year on our Savior we will feel his love. It will strengthen our testimonies along with the testimonies of those around us. We all can make this the best year of our lives! I hope you all are doing well this week! I love you all and stay strong!

Love, Elder Barber 

No comments:

Post a Comment