Sunday, February 22, 2015

All is Well. 2-9-15

Dear family and friends,
                  It has been a great week up here! This transfer has been really fast! And I feel like next transfer will be even faster. I know my time is always running shorter and shorter. Not to be trunky but you only get 18 emails after this one. But that is still plenty of time in the Lords work! Recently Elder Smith and I have been working hard to crack down on our potentials list! It is literally 15 pages long. So it is taking us a while. It is a blessing that our cars get so many miles up here. We are really abundantly blessed with cars that have enough miles for all of us! It keeps us out of the cold ALOT! I can only name a couple of times that we have had to walk in the blistering cold this winter. We have been really blessed. I pray for the weather to continue to stay above 0. I know once we hit March it should stay in the 20s relatively. We had an awesome miracle happen. We were at a less active named Chads house for a lesson. We were just getting Elder Smith acquainted with him. When his girlfriend walked in with a friend that lived nearby. Her name is Chanita. She asked us why we don't stop by her house. We thought she was joking, but she was serious! So this week we plan to make Chanita an investigator! It will be awesome! We are very excited. Johnathan is doing awesome! He is looking great for his baptism on the 21st! We are so excited! This week we had the opportunity to drive out to Bemidji, MN. I believe this is the town where the T.V show "How I met your mother" takes place in. That is what I have heard at least (I wouldn't know I have never really watched that show.) I was able to go on exchanges with Elder Docking for the third time in a row! This time we were in Grand Forks. Elder Docking will be flying home at the end of this transfer. It is kind of weird because I met him when he was a year out. And now he is almost gone. It is crazy how fast the time goes! Every day the mission feels shorter and shorter. But the work is still going forward, and strong. Next Monday I will not be emailing due to President Day. But we got it approved to have two hours of P-Day to go explore the aviation center here in town. It is a museum along with a member pilot will be showing us around the schools airplanes. It will be REALLY cool! As I have been on my mission I keep getting the feeling I should master in aviation. All throughout my mission I have met all different likes of career options. And I have pondered them all deeply. And I really can't find anything I enjoy. I can find careers that could make me "money" in the long run. But I always come back to what will i enjoy doing. And honestly the only thing I truly enjoy and would be actually excited to learn about is aviation and airplanes. I personally would love to say my "office" or my workplace is in the sky. I don't know if I desire the airline industry. But I have been thinking of teaching aviation at a college, and help others learn how to fly. One of these P-Days I hope to meet with somebody over aviation here at UND and talk to him about their program. Well I am happy that all is well at home. I know recently there has been some scares, but it brings me great comfort to know the Lord is over all. And in the end ALL will be well. Well I love you all, and I hope you have a great week!

Elder Corey Barber

No comments:

Post a Comment