Friday, May 2, 2014

Great news. 4-28-14

Dear family and friends,
                  This has been another end to a great transfer! I added up our totals and we hit 18 member present lessons this past transfer! I hope to get 20 this upcoming transfer! Transfers did do a great number this time! And it even gave us a great surprise here in the Casper Zone! Us and the Casper Mills Elders were at a barbeque out in Bar Nunn. We got a call and it was for another Elder who was being transferred to Redwood Falls, Minnesota. Our phone shortly rang after theirs. And it turns out Elder Hardman is being transferred to Montevideo, Minnesota. My new companion will be Elder Bench who is coming from Montevideo, Minnesota. All I know about him is he is a big time cowboy from Eastern Idaho! He came out with Elder Anderson. I was sad to see Elder Hardman go. He was a hard working missionary who loved this area. He will be missed out here in the Casper 5th! But on Sunday we met with Jeremy and Stephanie. And since Bishop Gallup volunteered the missionaries to perform the baptism that leaves me to baptize Jeremy this Saturday! And we also met with David yesterday! He is an awesome investigator and he is still looking strong for May 31st! We will begin meeting with him twice a week to prepare him for that date! We really are so blessed here in Casper. It will be amazing to live and see how another transfer here will play out! I am very excited about the work here!
                I know I titled the letter "great news". Mainly because there is a lot of great news! I have another announcement that brings great news. A few months ago I informed you all about Elder Parrish. Who lost his parents, and two brothers to carbon monoxide poisoning. He went home for their funerals, and to take care of his family. I have learned that he will be returning to the South Dakota, Rapid City Mission this transfer. And not only to the mission but he will be our new Zone Leader down here in Casper, Wyoming. I am very excited to work again under Elder Parrish as a Zone Leader. I am still in amazement to his choice to come back and serve! I can't even begin to think of the pain he went through. And now he returns to take on the work load of a mission. I marvel at that courage! I am currently with the other Zone Leader Elder Edwards until Elder Parrish gets here. He will arrive here in Casper on Wednesday, and for me Wednesday can't come soon enough. I am very excited to see him again! I got to see Elder Garfield again today! He is a Zone Leader in Rapid City, and they drive the vans through Casper! So it was great to see him for the first time in 5 transfers! I hope you all are doing well this week! I thank you for your prayers, and your letters! Have an amazing week!

Love, Elder Barber 

No comments:

Post a Comment