Thursday, April 24, 2014

Because of Him 3-21-14

Dear family and friends,
                                 It has been another great week out here in Casper! We are seeing amazing miracles in our area! This past week we had a goal for five member present lessons and we got four! Which is really good for our  area! We got to meet with a new investigator David yesterday! His fiancees name is Cynthia and she is a member. They are getting married on May 24th by our Casper 5th Ward Bishop. So we are really excited for them! Yesterday we got to meet with David and we taught him the Restoration. We also set him on date for May 31st. So baptism will be a wonderful wedding gift for him! What was really cool is he said "the moment I walked in the door of the church it just felt right!" It is amazing to me that the Holy Spirit can touch someones heart in the matter of seconds. And a few days after attending church he told Cynthia "I want to be baptized". Lucky for us he lives a few streets away from our apartment. Yesterday we met with Jeremy at the Bishops house out by the airport. That was a great lesson, and Jeremy is looking awesome for baptism on May 3rd. This week is transfers so Elder Hardman may be gone or I may be gone! One of us may not get to see these people baptized, we will see! But that's not what matters! What matters is they're getting baptized! 
                                 I was so thankful for the wonderful spirit that we could feel on Easter yesterday! I love watching the video "because of him". It really makes me appreciate the Savior more and his sacrifice. It is my testimony that through the Savior we all can live again. And through the Savior families can be together forever. I hope throughout this year we can remember the Saviors sacrifice for each of us. Because of him we all will live again. I am so thankful for this gospel. And I am thankful to be a missionary in the hastening of the work of salvation. It is my testimony that God lives, and Jesus Christ also lives. They have bodies of flesh and bones that are glorified and perfected. And I know that Joseph Smith is a Prophet of God. I know that the Priesthood has been restored. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and testifies and prophecies of Christ. I know that through his bounteous hand he guides each an every one of us! I love you all and I hope you have a great week!

Love, Elder Barber 

No comments:

Post a Comment