Sunday, April 13, 2014

Becoming all you need to be. 3-31-14

Dear family and friends,
                                 It has been another wonderful week out here in the mission! There are a lot of great things happening because of the grace of the Lord in our area. This past week we went on an exchange with the Zone Leaders. What prompted this exchange is we wanted to introduce the YSA Elders (the Zone Leaders) to Bri our on date investigator who is nineteen years old. We had a great lesson! The spirit confirmed to me in the lesson that she would progress better in the YSA ward. So we turned her over to them. She is still looking forward to April 12th as her baptismal date! But it will be with them and not with us. But as long as she comes unto Christ it does not matter where she gets baptized! We will be attending her baptism anyway. This week we got to meet with Bill and his member friend from Syracuse, Utah John. I really wish John would move from Syracuse, Utah to Casper! He is a perfect member missionary for Bill! But we met at the Ihop and John talked to him about being baptized! It was probably the most spirit felt in an Ihop in history! We hope to get Bill some fellowship that lives here in Casper! We hope to accomplish that this week! Bill has a strong desire for the truth and he can recognize the Holy Spirit really well! He goes and studies the book of Mormon on the steps of the Stake Center. He says he "feels peace" when he studies the Book of Mormon there. We just need to get him to come to church. He is running his office all by himself right now so work is keeping him really busy! But we will keep working with him! 
                                This week I have really been trying to focus on who I need to become as a missionary. I have to commonly ask myself "Am I giving my all to the Lord?" or "Is there anyway that I could give him more?". As a missionary there is always room for improvement! And we can relate that to our own personal lives. Are we being the best members of His Church that we can be? Is there any room for improvement? I hope that we can all watch General Conference this week, and listen to the Modern Day Prophets and their inspired messages. As we watch I hope we can take personal note of the Spirit and what it is telling us we need to improve on. I hope we can take there challenges and apply them to our personal lives. In the MTC there was a Sister Speaker that spoke of the song "I am a Child of God". And in that song she changed the Lyrics from "teach me all that I must do" to "teach me all that I must be, to live with him some day". I pray this week as we watch conference we can all figure out who we must be. And become who we need to be. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet of God. I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God, and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. How blessed we are as his children in these latter days to live in the fullness of times. I know that Christ lives, and he loves us. I know that God is our Heavenly Father, and will never forsake us. And I say that in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

Love, Elder Barber 

No comments:

Post a Comment