Saturday, July 26, 2014

Heating up. July 7,2014

Dear family and friends,
                                 I hope you all had a wonderful fourth of July weekend! We had a wonderful time on the fourth of July. President Anderson approved all missionaries to stay out and watch the fireworks this year! I would say the Fourth of July is equal to or more than the homesickness of Christmas. But the Lord knew this so for both fourth of July's he approved me to stay out and watch the Fireworks. But we had a fun time! Bishop Gallup signed up for Dinner on the fourth so we got to hang out with his family. And they also took us to the firework show of Casper. There fireworks were pretty good! But nothing beats the Kaysville fireworks! Thank you for sending me those videos and pictures of the Barbie-Q. I will have to wait until later in the week to watch the videos with sound. But I did love the pictures that you all sent to me! The reason I title my email "heating up" is because it is getting HOT in Casper. Now it is nothing compared to St. George heat, but when your apartment doesn't have an AC unit it can be challenging! But the Mungers said they have a spare AC unit they can lend us for a while. But I still love the summer season where I don't have to wear a thousand pounds of coat. This past week we were able and very blessed to find a new investigator named Sharon. Her husband recently passed away last December and it is still really hard for her to talk about him. She brought up to us that she doesn't agree with "til death do us part". We taught her about how she can live with her husband again, and how they can be sealed for all time and all eternity. It was an awesome lesson, and we can't wait until we can teach her again! We have been teaching Tammy for quite a while. We had to quit teaching her back in April. But recently we have been teaching her and inviting her out to church. She had never attended Church with us before. So we were able to invite her to Church this past week and work out a ride for her. And she came to church! It was definitely a long awaited blessing to see her at Church! Well that is about all for the week! I love you all and I hope you have a great week!

Love, Elder Barber 

No comments:

Post a Comment