Friday, January 16, 2015

Big Changes 1-15-15

Dear family and friends,
                   It was such a great week! I am sorry that I am writing late. As you all know we were at Missionary Leadership Council in Rapid City. I love being a Zone Leader up here. When I was serving in Devils Lake I constantly desired to see the mountains. I got to the point where I named the disease as being "mountain sick." It gets tiring looking at flatness. And it is awesome this time around because I get to drive to Rapid City usually once a month, and see something obstruct my view. That always makes things easier. We had a great time at the recent M.L.C! It was a lot of fun to see everyone again. We usually arrive in Rapid City around 12:30 or 1 MST. And we had the opportunity to do service at the Journey Museum. It is a museum of the creation of the black hills, and the history of the hills. It was really interesting. Even though we spent most of our time cleaning it we got to walk through and see it after we were done. While we were doing our first session of M.L.C on Monday night we heard the announcement of the new mission change. Of how the new mission headquarters will be located in Bismarck, ND. That will be really cool. We will also be downsizing our mission. Casper, WY. Will now be a part of the Ft. Collins, Colorado mission. And Gillette, WY will be a part of the Billings, MT mission. And Sioux Falls will be a part of the Nebraska Omaha mission. This will go into affect on July 1st or just a little bit before. But I will be home, so it will not matter to me. I am thankful to be the last of the South Dakota Rapid City mission. It will be good changes for this mission, and will make it a whole lot easier on the new mission President. But as for us now we are currently planning diligently for our Zone Training Meeting that will be held tomorrow. So we will be busy for the rest of the week! We plan to get John on date this Saturday! His parents now know of a time range of the baptism. We just need to set an exact date. It will probably be around the end of February or the beginning of March! Which will be awesome! Well I hope all is well this past week. Elder Smith is doing awesome. It is fun to be companions with someone who was in the M.T.C with you. He is a hard working missionary, and pretty fun to be around! Well I love you all, and I hope you have a great week!

Love, Elder Barber 

No comments:

Post a Comment