Sunday, March 16, 2014

Casper Plague 3-3-14

Dear family and friends,
                                 It has been a great week this week! We were pretty much home confined from Wednesday until the end of the week! I had a cold last week, and then Elder Hardman caught a really bad one! So we were confined in the home for three days. And then on Sunday I came down with it. Except I have the medication which makes it a lot better. Elder Hardman didn't have the medication and he is still trying to get over it. So hopefully this passes soon! Lucky for us we were sick on the really cold and blizzard day the blew through Casper. We did get to meet with Maria (the lady who lives across the street from the ward mission leader). We got members at both her lessons, but she still has concerns for coming to church! We didn't get to meet with Bree this week. Her house was really sick and we avoided that. So we will be meeting with her tomorrow. We met with Tammy and Jim Bob. They are still kicking the Word of Wisdom. But that is about it for the week. You don't have to worry about me here in Casper our meal calendar gets filled every week! The ward here is awesome and they are really kind to us missionaries. 
                               It has been a really spiritual week this week. We had a fast and testimony meeting yesterday that was pretty good! I love the first Sunday of the month! It is always amazing to be sitting in an atmosphere where the Spirit can speak personally to your heart. I hope that your fast and testimony meetings were great as well! It is amazing to me how fast time flies out here in the field and how fast this transfer cycle has gone. We are living in week 5 right now of the transfer. It is crazy to think that next transfer I only have ten left out of the seventeen. And then just wait one more transfer after that and I officially hit the single digits of transfers left. So far my mission has grown me so much! There is no other place that anyone can grow more! Even though you face trials great times are always just around the corner. We have to enjoy the lives that we live, and live in the moment. And even though some moments are tough. Great moments are surely around the bend. I love you all and I hope you have a fantastic week!

Love, Elder Barber 

No comments:

Post a Comment