Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sunshine. 2-18-14

Dear family and friends,
                                 This has been another great week! And it has been a really warm and sunny week! It was so warm for the first time in a long time I took off both my coat and my wind breaker. And then of course I ended up with a cold two days later. We haven't had too much success this past week with getting in on our progressing investigators. But we did have great success in finding. We tracted into a door of an old lady who is Catholic. And normally they're the ones who slam the door faster than anyone. But to our surprise she actually let us in. She told us she had a past investigating with our church, and had read the Book of Mormon before. We taught her the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ lesson. And when we gave her a Book of Mormon you could really tell it lit up her day. Some members that live around her have told us she is rarely home. So we hope to get in with her again! I guess time will have to tell on that one. But she lives right across the street from our Ward Mission Leader Brother Smith. So that is a big time positive! We had a spiritual lesson teaching the Dickerson's their new member lessons. The three boys weren't home so we will be going back! My Companion is Elder Hardman. He is from Ibapah, UT. He pretty much grew up there, and he likes to hunt. He also worked at a scout camp in the summers. He is a good missionary who likes to work hard, and keep busy. 
                                 This week we are going to have our Zone Conference again with president Anderson. I am really excited to see him and Sister Anderson again. It is going to be centered on the Power of the Book of Mormon in conversion (at least that's is what I have heard). And he told us in an email today he is going to commit us all to read the Book of Mormon before July 1st. It will be good for me to have a date to finish it by to give me some motivation. But I think that it is a great goal to have! I am excited to have the Book of Mormon finished by July 1st. Maybe it will become a traditional goal for me at the beginning of every year! Well I hope all is well at home! And I love you all and I pray for you all!


Love, Elder Barber 

No comments:

Post a Comment