Sunday, March 16, 2014

How Agency can affect others 2-24-14

Dear family and friends,
                                 This has been a great week here in the Casper 5th area. We were truly blessed with teaching a lot of Less Actives this week. We also taught our investigators this week, and at some lessons we had members present. This week we taught Maria who is a fairly new investigator the Plan of Salvation. We had the opportunity to have Brother Luellen come with us. He is a really powerful member teacher! It was a pretty great lesson! We met with Bree twice this week. She is still on date for March 22nd. We figured out she is 19 years old and we may turn her over to the YSA 7th ward here in Casper. Which the people who run that ward are the Zone Leaders. But they said to pray and ask where she would progress most. We taught Ronald a less active guy in our ward. We taught him the word of wisdom and focused on health. We committed him to come to church and he did. He has come for two staright weeks! Which is awesome because he hasn't come in years. So it is great to see him at church. I can truly see the hand of God working with us and through us.
                                We got to have our zone conference this past week and receive trainings from President and Sister Anderson, and the assistants to the President. We did a great object lesson which involved me as the object. They made me pick a current investigator we had. And they placed a backpack on my back. They then said what is something that you could do as a missionary to hold this investigator back from progressing in the gospel. And of course someone said an idea. They came up and placed a fifteen pound weight in the backpack. And they repeated this process adding more and more weight to the backpack. It eventually built up so bad that they also attached workout bands to my feet and arms. They had a missionary standing about ten feet away from me who was holding a jar of "change" (pennies and quarters). They invited me to change my ways and quit drinking coffee. As I accepted the "Disobedient" missionaries held me back with the bands, and it made it near impossible to move forward to change. They then were asked to give ways they could repent and be good missionaries. As they did so they took the bands and weights off my back. I was then invited again to change my ways. As I accepted I was able to take the jar of "Change". It showed me that our agency and our choices can effect other people. Especially our investigators. I know that as we make correct choices we can truly help bring others unto the Gospel.
I hope you all are doing well I love you and I pray for you! Thank you for all of your prayers! 

Love, Elder Barber 
                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment