Sunday, November 2, 2014

Stay strong. 10-27-14

Dear family and friends,
                      This has been another great and busy week up here in Grand Forks! The work really is booming up here. Mostly with Less Active and Recent Convert lessons! But they need saving too! This week I had the privilege to go on exchanges with the Assistants to the President. Elder Salmon and Elder Kirton. I went with Elder Salmon (my first District Leader in Grand Forks). And Elder Cannon went with Elder Kirton. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. While we were out we contacted this lady named Roxanne. She is a pretty young mother and has a few boys. Her cousin is a less active member, and has tried sharing the Gospel with her before! We haven't been able to get in with her yet, but we were able to contact her last night and set up a time to meet with her on Wednesday! So we are looking forward to that meeting! We got permission from the Sisters that we share a ward with to have "full reign" on their area that night so Elder Salmon could contact some Less Active and Recent Converts. It was really fun to see him reunite with some people he once taught! But I also got to see the sadness and depression as he saw people who were not embracing the Gospel. It almost makes me nervous to go back to Devils Lake. But it sounds like the people in Devils Lake are doing good from reports! It was a very fun exchange and I learned a lot! This week we got a referral to teach this single male less active in their area. His name is Brother McKillup. He is an awesome guy! He once served a mission and went through some rough patches. Needless to say he went Less Active, but now feels like he should go back. We were able to show him the "new and returning progress record." This record ultimately helps those who are Recent Converts or Returning Less Active Members get temple worthy. It is almost a divine step by step program. It was cool because Brother McKillup said "wow, this is exactly what I need right now!" And he was amazed with this record! He also came and sat with us at Church and was able to fellowship with the members! So he is doing well! He is an awesome guy and he gets along with Elder Cannon and I very well! It is amazing to see the Lords hand in this work! 
                      This week I learned of the harsh things that are happening in the World today. There are groups threatening and killing those who believe in Jesus Christ. There are diseases and plagues dotting the Earth. It is hard to keep your heart calm when hearing of the things that are happening in the world. Many times we may live in fear of what may happen next. We may question "am I safe?" or "is my family safe?" But we know from reading the words of Christ in John 14:27  27 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." The Savior is extending the invitation to be at ease. We as Latter Day Saints know that these are the last days. We must stand strong, and stand up for what we believe. There may come a day when we are asked to lay down our lives for this Gospel. But we shouldn't fear. We know that if we endure it well we shall rest in the kingdom with our Heavenly Father. I hope you all have a great week! I love you all!

Love, Elder Barber 

No comments:

Post a Comment