Saturday, February 1, 2014

Finishing up 1-27-14

Dear Family and Friends,
                                    It has been an awesome week up here in Devils Lake. Not too much has really happened this week but it was a good teaching week! We got to teach Michael this week. It was a really hard lesson because we visited him, and he is wondering if this is the right path for him. So we will be meeting with him this week to address any concerns he has. I hope and pray that it can go well! It really makes me realize that there are some people truly prepared for this Gospel and others need time. We weren't able to meet with Donnada this week because she had surgery. We did get to meet with Bruce and we are going to continue to work with him. We did get a new investigator! Her name is Bernie. Me and Elder Pawlenchuk tracted into her house during a blizzard on an exchange. We finally got into her house when she could meet with us. She committed to learning more and says she feels our message is true. So we hope to continue to work with her. It has been an awesome week! It is funny to think that this is the 6th week of the transfer but we still are going one more! But I will enjoy this week. It might just be my last week serving here in Devils Lake. 
                                    This week ends the transfer. We are finishing up this transfer and who knows if I will go or stay. It is really suspenseful to be a missionary and waiting for a transfer call. You don't know if they will call or not. And if they do call you don't know where you will be going or what you will be doing. But I have enjoyed my time in this transfer. It was fun to experience and serve the calling as a District Leader in Grand Forks. I have truly been blessed on my mission with opportunities of growth. It is amazing to me how you can grow in such a little amount of time. Even though I am just barely seven months out I can truly say the mission has flown by. Yesterday we had a terrible blizzard blow through with winds up to 40 miles an hour, and windchill's as low as -35. But it comforted me to know that they predict that, that was the worst storm of the season. I am hoping they're right! Now that the worst blizzard of the season is behind us I hope for a sunny future in the summer time. And by the time summer gets here time really will have flown by. I love you all and I hope that you are doing great this week!

Love, Elder Barber 

No comments:

Post a Comment