Saturday, February 1, 2014

Miracles. 1-21-14

Dear family and friends,
                                    It has been another great week up here in Devils Lake. Not so much of a good teaching week, but not terrible either. We got to meet with our investigators Tanner and Dina again! We taught them the Plan of Salvation. At first the lesson wasn't going so great, but as we listened to the spirit it went better. We committed them to come to church. We even told them we would drop by in the morning to have them follow us to the building. And that is what we did the next day and they came to church! We haven't been able to meet with Michael lately, because every time we go over it's a bad time for them. So this week has been humbling but also a great week! On Friday after District Meeting we got to go on exchanges with the Grand Forks Elders. I was on exchange with Elder Allred and my companion was on exchanges with Elder Dibble. We had a lot of fun. They have this guy in their ward who is less active and his name is John. He can be a bit wild at times. But he shops at the Thrift Stores all day to buy ties. And I have some unattractive thrift store ties that I bought recently so I got some good trades with him. But a bad blizzard blew through on Friday night! Good thing we were staying in Grand Forks!
                                   We had an awesome miracle that happened to us on Sunday. We just got to church with Tanner and Dina, and about five minutes later Bruce walked through the door (Bruce is Donnada's less active boyfriend who hasn't been to church in years). It was an awesome miracle to see! I never thought I would ever live to see the day. But the ward gave him some awesome fellowship. He told us he wants to get sober and has been sober for five days. Donnada also came to Church that Sunday and was super happy to see him actually at Church. It was one of those Sundays where your heart is so full that tears are in your eyes the whole meeting. As I sat there I couldn't help but say silent prayers of thanks the whole time to God for this wonderful miracle. I can truly testify that God is hastening his work. He is a God of miracles. We have been so blessed here in Devils Lake these past few weeks. If this is the end of the story for me in Devils Lake at the end of this transfer I can truly say that it couldn't have ended in a better way. I will try and survive through this arctic blast! Yesterday we got stuck in the church parking lot because the snow was so thick. So for thirty minutes our P-Day activity was trying to get the car un-stuck from the drift it was in. I love you all, and I hope you are having an awesome week!

Love Elder Barber

No comments:

Post a Comment