Sunday, June 29, 2014

Happy Fathers Day. 6-16-14

Dear family and friends,
                      This week has been a longer week out here in Casper. Things are kinda slowing down here. Mainly because our investigators that we taught all the time are baptized. Which is definitely not a bad thing! It just means that we need to be out finding more. This week we were out tracting on Poplar Street when we knocked into the door of a guy named Brian. We told him we had a message that would strengthen and bless his family. He seemed interested off of that and let us into his home. We taught the Restoration to him, and explained how this could bless him as an individual and his family. When we taught the Book of Mormon you could tell the spirit was strong in the home. He was tearing up and he told us that he had never considered reading The Book of Mormon. But now he wanted to read what it had to say. He told us to try him back in about ten days. So we will be over sometime this week to teach him. We then got a referral from the Elders serving in the Third Ward for another guy who lives on Poplar. We haven't been able to contact him yet, but definitely this week! I know that the Lord is preparing people out here in Casper to be taught the Gospel.
                      I just want to wish my Father and all of the Fathers who read this happy Fathers Day. This past week in Sacrament meeting as we all saw coming the focus was on Fathers. I noticed there was a focus on the gifts that our Heavenly Father has given us. These talks helped me to reflect on the many gifts the Father has given me and us all. He has given his only begotten son Jesus Christ who showed the way to Eternal Life, and made it all possible for us to return to the father. He has given us Repentance to be forgiven of our sins. He has given us the Gift of the Holy Ghost which can comfort, guide, and help us through this life. There are many gifts that our Heavenly Father has given us. One of my favorite gifts is the gift of my own father. I can name several gifts that my Father has given me. He has always taught me to be prompt in all things that I do. For example showing up thirty minutes early to Priesthood Session only to find the Stake President in the building. He has taught me to honor the Priesthood and to be worthy of it. These are just a couple examples of the things that my earthly father has taught me. I wish all the Fathers a Happy Fathers Day! I love you all and have a great week!

Love, Elder Barber 
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment