Sunday, June 29, 2014

Two Great Baptisms 6-2-14

Dear family and friends,
                Today I am writing you earlier than usual. The reason behind that is we are going fishing out on the river with some less actives. So that will be a lot of fun! But we had a great week last week! David was out of town after the wedding. Him and Cynthia had to take care of some things down in Oklahoma. It was really hard to get contact with David all week. It was a little nerve wracking at times! We were able to stop in and talk to Micah about the baptism and get that all set up. And we reviewed the Baptismal Interview Questions with him, and he was really solid for baptism! We had an awesome day on Saturday! We went to a ward party where they were assembling rick shaws. Rick shaws are wagons that have a seat in them, and the people sit and get pulled. Basically it is like a hand cart wheelchair. That was a lot of fun! We got to race them after they were assembled. I came in second place sadly, but I still feel like I won the race! David and Micah were interviewed during the ward party, and they passed! It was such an awesome experience to see David and Micah both get baptized. I know the Lord blessed us with these two! I remember during the first lesson with Micah we reviewed the Baptismal Interview Questions with him. I remember that after we had gone over the questions his father gave him a hug saying "I am proud of you son". During the baptism of Micah you just knew somewhere Brother John Francks was saying the same thing. It was a touching spiritual moment during that baptism. I forgot my camera today so I will have to send the pictures another time. But it was definitely a high point on my mission!
               Next week is transfers. I don't know if the Lord will call me to go or not. Elder Bench and I have accomplished a lot through the hand of the Lord this transfer. I am excited to see whether I stay here in Casper or move along to another part of my mission. But I know that whatever happens the Lord is in it. Transfer calls will be this upcoming weekend. If you don't get an email next Monday please assume that I got transferred and I will email you all later. I love you all and I thank you for your prayers. They are always greatly appreciated! Thank you for all you do! 

Love, Elder Barber 

No comments:

Post a Comment