Sunday, June 29, 2014

One More in Casper 6-9-14

Dear family and friends,
               It has been another great transfer out here in Casper. I am excited to say that I get to stay one more transfer out here in the Casper 5th ward! This transfer we got to see Jeramie and Stephanie baptized and confirmed as members of the church. We got to see David and Micah baptized. We had a wonderful stake conference this past weekend! They had a lot of youth speakers. Many of them preparing for missions. One that I recall is headed to Tokyo Japan in four months. I talked to David yesterday at the Munger home. He made me aware that he would be receiving the Aaronic Priesthood this upcoming Sunday on Fathers Day. And since me and David are great friends he has asked me to confer upon him the Aaronic Priesthood. I was definitely shocked at his request. But I can't wait for Sunday! I think that will be a great day! We are still working with Alicia. We were not able to meet with her. But we are crossing our fingers for this upcoming week! While we were teaching David his Aunt Kristina was present who is a non-member. Sister Munger invited her to take the lessons, and now Kristina is an investigator. The Casper 5th Ward is continuously being blessed
               I know the Lord has asked me to stay for another transfer for a special reason. I don't know exactly why, but I am confident there is purpose in all things. I would say Casper has been a great area for me so far. Like all areas it has its trials. But I have noticed as you face those trials with the Lord he makes your load light. I am excited for this next transfer. I hope at the end of this six week period I can look back and see growth and many miracles from the Lord. I am thankful for Casper and the wonderful members out here! I look forward to serving with them for another six weeks! Well I love you all! It sounds like it will be a busy week. You are all in my prayers. I hope we can remember Uncle Paul who passed away two years ago today. May we keep him in our memory forever. I love you all!

Love, Elder Barber 

No comments:

Post a Comment