Thursday, September 4, 2014

Defying the odds. 9-2-14

Dear Family and Friends,

                      It has been another wonderful end of a great Transfer in Casper, Wyoming. This week we were able to teach Monty twice! Which was really awesome because sometimes we are lucky to only see him once! Aaron our recent convert was able to fellowship him on both visits! In each visit we hard invited Monty to come to Church! He kept telling us  "I will have to get my nice suit out". And on Sunday Monty came to Church in that nice suit! It was way cool! He told us after the meeting that he wanted to come to Church each week! So hopefully we start seeing him every week! Janessa is still looking forward to her baptismal date on September 20th! We were able to meet with her twice this week as well! We are really excited to see her get baptized! We are still working with her to get over her Word of Wisdom issues. This past Saturday were transfer calls. We had the Casper Mills Elders come pick us up to go take a media time. While we were getting ready to walk out the door we heard a phone announce that it was getting a call from one of the Assistants. It was the Casper Mills phone. Elder Wood got a call to go up to Fargo to be in an area. I knew that they usually call 5th ward in order (so if one fifth ward cell phone gets a transfer call the other phone will get one shortly after.) I expected that phone to ring, but it never rang. So it turns out I will be staying out here in Casper for another transfer. Elder Bench will be my longest lasting companion. I know that at times missionaries can get what we call "area trunky." But I know that the Lord has a purpose for me staying here. Though I can't immediately see that purpose I can trust that it is there. I am excited to hopefully see a couple of baptisms before this transfer is over. I think every member in the 5th wards jaw hit the floor to hear that I am still going to be here for another six weeks. I am truly excited for these six weeks because I know that I will learn a lot and continue to have uplifting experiences! So now is the time to get to work, and when a transfer call comes it will come! I hope you all have a great week! I love you!

Love Elder Barber

No comments:

Post a Comment