Monday, March 2, 2015

A great baptism 2-23-15

Dear family and friends,
                 What an awesome start we have had to the transfer! I am sorry I am emailing you all so late. We had President and Sister Anderson in town. They met us at the church around 11:30 to conduct interviews. I had a great interview with President Anderson. Probably the best one I have ever had! It was awesome! This week we have started a new transfer! And week 1 is already in the books! I was able to go on exchanges with Lake Region this week! Elder Autrey is the new District Leader, and I have never before been on exchanges with him. It was a great time! I told the people in Devils Lake that it would probably be the last time they see me until July. Which to them doesn't seem too long! Elder Cook is also serving out there (he came out with Elder Smith and I). He was told by President his main objective is to get Donnada baptized. I hope that comes true. There is not too much work out there so I am not sure how much longer the area will be open. So we need to get Donnada in the gates of baptism before the area closes. I will do what I can, but it's not my area anymore. On Saturday we were able to see Johnathan baptized! It was a great baptism! Johnathan's father is a convert of about 10 years. And he did an awesome job with getting all the words correct! It was really cool to see! Elder Smith and Elder Cook taught Randall while I was in Devils Lake, and he committed to live the word of wisdom. We followed up with him on Sunday to see if he had been living the Word of Wisdom. And it sounds like he has kicked coffee and is living it! So it is really awesome! Randall is on date for March 21st! And at this pace he is looking like he will hit it! That will be one of my last weeks here! We look forward to Missionary Leadership Council next week in Rapid City! This will most likely be my last one while serving here in Grand Forks. It has been awesome! But I loo forward to next week! President told me at the end of my interview that the assistants want to take all the Zone Leaders to Mount Rushmore for our P-Day activity. Since the mission home will be swapping to Bismarck, North Dakota in April I wont get a chance to go to Mount Rushmore with President at the end of my mission. So he is giving us the opportunity now. I don't think it will have the same feeling, but it will still be cool to say I did it! SO this means next week I probably wont be writing until Thursday! But I want you all to know I love you, and I thank you so much for writing me every week! I love the encouragement and the support you all give to me! It means a lot! I love you all, and have a great week!

Elder Barber

No comments:

Post a Comment