Monday, March 16, 2015

Warming up. 3-16-15

Dear family and friends,
                  Thank you for all of your letters this week! It has been really WARM this past week! One day got up to the high 50's! It was awesome! We drove with the windows down for a good majority of the week! The Lord is truly blessing us! We also had an excellent exchange with the Assistants this week! I got to go with Elder Tidwell for the whole day! He is the missionary in Ron and Annes ward! I love that missionary! I think he is a really down to earth assistant. I feel like with being out for 20 months I have fallen into a "routine" which means I am getting really used to doing missionary life. Which is a good thing, but getting into a routine can also allow for me to get too comfortable and lose certain skills I once had. But going on exchanges with Elder Tidwell helped me learn how to talk with everyone, and be very diligent! I loved it! I felt like it was a turning point for me in my last three months! It really motivated me to push to the end of my mission. I only have a short time left to preach the gospel. And I don't want to get burned out. I am so thankful that my last winter is closing before my eyes. I HATE cold weather! So I am thankful to see springtime and rain and grass again! This week we went out to Crookston, MN which is a part of our area and we put Angel on Date for April 11th. The Crookston Elder were teaching him, but then they took missionaries out of Crookston. So we are stoked to have Angel on date! He is amazingly prepared for the gospel. A lot of the things he says is so in line with the gospel. It is crazy to talk with him, because it is as though he already knows this and already believes it. It just goes to show that the Lord prepares people in his own time and in his own way. I am really going to miss Grand Forks! I have a lot of awesome friends here! Brother Mackillop being one of them. He is an awesome Texan guy who wants me to fly down to Dallas this summer to visit him. I told him the only way I will do that is if he drives me up to OKC to fly home. But he is an awesome guy. Yesterday we had a barbeque at the Englemans (Bens) and we were there with the Hale family. We had some good steaks! We had strawberry shortcake for dessert. And one of the little girls didn't even touch hers and left it on the table. So Elder Smith was debating just eating it, and Brother Mackillop talked him into it. And as soon as Elder Smith picked it up and started eating it the little girl walked back in. So he had to go around the corner and scarf it down. The little girl was like "Where's my pie?" Brother Mackillop and I were dying of laughter because of the irony of this situation. It is good memory's like that you can't find anywhere else. Well I love you all! And I thank you for your support! It means a lot and has carried me through my mission! Have an awesome week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment