Wednesday, April 15, 2015

To the End. 3-30-1

Dear family and friends,
                         We have had an awesome week up here in Grand Forks! This has been such an awesome area! I have truly learned to love the people, and those around me. I feel like I have learned so much here in what seems like a short amount of time (even though it has been 6 months.) On Saturday we had transfer calls go throughout the mission. This transfer call was a little different then the other transfer calls. The transfer calls that were given this time around determined for many who would be staying in the mission, and who would be leaving the mission. On transfer call day around two O clock. Our Zone got hit with a whole bunch of calls. 6/8 companionship's will be experiencing a transfer. Which is a lot! For me the transfer call didn't come with the entire zone. It seemed like it came a little bit later. But on the phone was Elder Lott who congratulated me for the great work the Zone had seen. And he let me know that my new area will be in Aberdeen, South Dakota. I will be serving with Elder Price. This is Elder Prices last six weeks in the mission. So I will be sending him home. And then someone else will replace him to send me home. It will be awesome! The area is teaching around 20 lessons a week, and there is another former Zone Leader serving in the other ward. So I feel like we are going to get work done!! It will be awesome. I know Elder Price from serving around him in Casper, WY. He is a good missionary, and I think we will do well together. He is a spanish missionary so I'm not sure how this is going to work out. But we will see! I am sad to be leaving Grand Forks. I'm going to miss being in a town with such awesome people, and airplanes. But I am thankful for this change. I know the Lord is preparing a wise purpose for me to go to Aberdeen. I am excited to serve to the end there! This past week the new Easter initiative premiered! It is awesome!! I am so thankful for it. I am glad I can use it in my proselyting. I love that video and the message it shares. I love one of the videos final phrases "find him." I love this because it shows people we can't just merely say I follow Christ. It requires action. We must seek him to know him. We can seek him in prayer, we can seek him in our scripture study. I have a firm testimony of seeking after the Lord. I feel like on my mission I have sought after the savior many times. And every time without fail I have found him. I know he lives. I know he loves each one of us. If the atonement was to only save one he still would have suffered it all. I am thankful for my savior this Easter Season. I am thankful for General Conference coming up. What an amazing opportunity we have to listen to men we can call prophets, seers, and revelators. I love this time of year! Well I love you all and I hope you have an excellent week!

Elder Corey Barber

No comments:

Post a Comment