Sunday, March 8, 2015

Because He Lives. 3-5-15

Dear family and friends,
                 I am thankful to be writing you on this day! I know it has been a little while since the last time I wrote. We had such a great week! I got to go on exchanges with Elder Adair who is serving in Cass Lake, MN. That was an awesome time! I got to meet a very awesome Sister who was in there ward. She is about 75 years old, and deaf. But she can talk to you like a normal person, and it sounds normal! I was blown away by her Family History. We were going to share a message of Family History with her, but it turns out she has about 1,167 names reserved to go to the temple. If there is anyone that needs to be taught it is me! She has so many names that the temple has told her to send them 100 names a month. We had an awesome M.L.C trip! Sister Woodbury is our new Sister Training Leader so it was really cool to get to know her for the whole 18 hours we were confined in our truck. But it was really good! We got to go to Mount Rushmore! I have awesome pictures, but they will have to wait until Monday when I can get the right flash drive. We had a great training on the #becausehelives initiative. I am getting really excited for this. The video itself comes out on March 28th! So it might be difficult to actually use in proselyting until then. But we are very excited. I am thankful to be living in a day and age where the Church has such a position in the social media. I have loved all of the videos that they have produced! The spirit is always the strongest. And the cool thing about this initiative is it is intended that it goes past Easter! It will be ALL year long. I am excited to see the miracles it will bring! It is hard for me to believe that Easter is coming up along with General Conference! I am so excited to hear from a living Prophet who testifies of the Savior Jesus Christ! I love you all and I hope you have an excellent week!

Love,
Elder Barber

No comments:

Post a Comment