Thursday, March 12, 2015

A great ZTM. 3-9-15

Dear family and friends,
                  Thank you for all of your wonderful emails! We had such an awesome week! Not too much has happened since I last wrote you. We had an awesome Zone Training Meeting! Sister Woodbury gave an awesome training on Gratitude! Hearing that training for the second time has really blessed my prayers. I am now saying "Thank you" in my prayers a lot more. I remember at Missionary Leadership Council Sister Anderson gave a powerful training on Gratitude and that really touched me. She shared an experience with us of how she was trying to be more thankful in her prayers, and really striving for gratitude. Shortly after she began being grateful in her prayers her and President Anderson welcomed a new grand daughter in their family. She expressed to Heavenly Father how thankful she was that the baby was safe and healthy. She then got a text a few hours later from her son explaining that their new daughter was diagnosed with signs of down syndrome. Sister Anderson explained how this broke her heart. She began to have feelings of "no this can't be right, the doctors have made a mistake." She then turned to Heavenly Father in prayer. And in this prayer she felt prompted to show gratitude and be thankful that the baby was alive and well. And that is when she began to have more love and appreciation for the situation her family was in. She expressed thankfulness to Heavenly Father for the family that surrounded the baby to take care of it. She also expressed her thanks to the relief society for bringing meals over to the family. Even in our hardest circumstances always show thanks. We had a very powerful training on the new #becausehelives initiative the church is coming out with on March 28th. At the end we had a powerful testimony meeting. We announced at the end of our meeting that we would be watching the because of him video, and at the end of the video the floor is open to anyone who desired to share their testimony of the Risen Savior. The video brought an amazing spirit. The room was so silent and the spirit was so strong you could hear a pin drop. It was awesome and the testimonies were so powerful. It increased my testimony of the Savior Jesus Christ. I know he lives! I love this time of year where we celebrate his resurrection. I absolutely love the testimony of that Joseph Smith gave in D&C 76:22. And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, thisis the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! I can add my testimony to theirs that I know the Savior Jesus Christ lives. And he cares about us, and he wants us home. I love you all and I hope you have a great week!

Love, Elder Barber 

No comments:

Post a Comment