Sunday, December 28, 2014

Warming Up 12-15-14

Dear family and friends,
                      How are you all doing this week?! I can tell you that it has been another great week! And it has been so warm! Today not so much! But we were in the 40s for two days!! I will not shed one tear if it stays like this all of winter! I do wish we had a white Christmas coming our way. But the snow here just tends to melt or get blown away by the wind. But that's okay! Who needs snow? Or cold weather? I was able to go on exchanges on Wednesday with Elder Eastin out to Devils Lake. This time I had more time than just an hour! It was good to work the area again! And since Elder Eastin and Elder Autrey are both new missionaries to the area it was cool to show them around and introduce them to people I was working with when I was in the area! We had a lot of fun visiting members and old investigators. I didn't see Donnada or Bruce. But it was still fun to be back in the old apartment, sleeping on my old bed. Well this week we have been getting more referrals than we usually do. We taught this African family from Cameroon. Lets just say it was rather a hectic lesson. And we brought a recent convert to it. I felt terrible. I wish I could tell you they were trying to argue with us, but none of the scriptures they were throwing at us made any sense. For example: We were teaching the Gospel blesses families, and one of them would pipe up and say "but the bible says this and Jesus says blessed are they that are humble for they will inherit the kingdom of god!" And next thing you know their arguing same sex marriage out of the bible. And we couldn't figure out how it got there. If I could show you a near perfect example of a scale 10 crazy lesson it would have been that one. To say the least our referral dropped us because "we had different beliefs" even though nothing they brought up in the Bible contradicted a thing we said. Their biggest upset was the Book of Mormon. No matter how simply we said it they could not piece it together in their minds. This may have also been due to the language barrier. We were able to teach our investigator Matt. We have been teaching him a while. We taught the Plan of Salvation, and we brought over Brother Kay with us. He bore a powerful testimony and it was awesome! But Matt said he wanted to talk with his pastor before coming to our church. That usually doesn't go too well. But we will see what happens. We have two exchanges we are going on this week! Tonight I will be with Elder Pope in Grand Forks. And on Wednesday I will be in Bagley, Minnesota with Elder Docking. So we got a nice busy week and I'm sure it is going to fly by! It amazes me how fast the time is going by! I am loving the mission! Well I hope you all are doing well, and I hope you have a great week! I love you all! 

Love, Elder Barber 

No comments:

Post a Comment